This is the only DIY hat rack guide you’ll need. It’s extremely simple, minimalist, and simultaneously chic and contemporary. Quite possibly a timeless design that’s been constructed since the dawn of humanity, it features a few wood poles tied together by a leather cord. It’ll run you no more than $20-$30 and is a great home and interior DIY project for beginners.
Praise be to Geneva at a pair & a spare, the hat rack can be built with just 3 materials:
- 4 wood dowels (you can get these from Home Depot)
- Leather straps of any color (try these from Amazon)
If you want rounded tips on the dowels, just get some rough sand paper. Make sure the dowels you buy are not too tall. I wouldn’t recommend the rack to be used as a coat stand since the dowels are likely too thick to hang them.
1. The instructions are simple – cross and hold the dowels together near the top.
2. After, tightly tie them together with the cord and to secure the dowels in place.
3. Finally, tie off the cord and cut off the pieces you don’t need. You’re done!
All photos from a pair & a spare.